Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Positively Seven

My positive today is an ode to my wonderful hairdresser Angela.

So I got my hair done today and that as per usual cheered me up.  I love the fact I can change colour and style at will.

I LOVE that Angela has been doing my hair for 12+ years and we grew up together and I trust her completely with my head.  She has never put me wrong with a cut, style or colour.  In fact usually she has to talk me out of some drastic mistake I'm determined we try!

Although she won't let me have blue or pink streaks like I would love to have.....I still go to see her and let her have her way with me.

Its also great that she does the hair of the rest of my family cos its usually the only way I find out a lot of the family news and gossip!

The downside to this relationship is the fact that she is leaving me!!!!  She and her husband and lovely girls are heading overseas for a better life (she is convinced NZ is going to hell in a hand basket!).  We're not sure of the exact date as they are still negotiating a contract in China (of all places) otherwise it will be off to Melbourne.

I'm trying to live in denial as I just don't know what I'll do.  Its just the whole having to start a new relationship with someone and trust them with something so OUT THERE.  Men just don't get it - all my female friends do.  Its an almost 'holy' relationship between a girl and her hairdresser.  You don't just make those sorts of trusting friendships easily!

So here's praying that Ange and James don't move for at least another 7 weeks (till my next appointment!) and also that I will find and build another long term love with someone just as wonderful (but probably not nearly as fun!).

No comments:

Post a Comment