Friday, June 24, 2011

Ten Positive steps....

Today's positive is all about the joy of the potential of art supplies.

I had a 'heavey' session with my therapist this morning and afterwards treated myself to a shopping trip to get supplies for my 'retreat' to Piha next weekend.

I want to take time to be creative and journal, collage and mind map.  So I decided I needed some new supplies, plus some pastels (which I've become addicted to at Art Therapy) and a visual diary for (duh) journalling in.

I just love the whole process of going in, looking at all the paints, papers, embelishments, canvas, even the folders and storage cases!

I love the potential in all of these things.  I love the potential I can see in the not so usually creative items (eg I brought a bright yellow storage box that I'm going to collage and decorate!!  Just to make it pretty to keep my bits of paper for collageing in - I love the irony in that!).

I just can't wait to get down to being creative and especially since I discovered this beauty;


Its just BEAUTIFUL!  For those who are not as addicted to stationary as me you may not understand the wonderfulness of a new book and the potential that those pages hold.



This is my hope..... that I will be able to create a 'dream' journal.  One I can paint, draw, collage, write and dream in.  I want to let my creativity and imagination run free.  I want it to be a work of art.

I got pastels and a large visual diary and have been collecting bits and bobs (old magazines, crusty old books to make altered art with, scrapbooking embelishments etc) and my heart is swelling with the excitment of creating something from bits of nothing.

I've got photos and quotes I will incorporate.  I have scripture I want to use as inspiration.  And I know that just being at Piha will be inspirational to all my senses.

The potential of creativity is the part of the process I love the most...I enjoy the actual creative process and making stuff.....but the potential, the vision, the wonder of what will be made is an exquisite and almost indiscribable feeling.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ivana

    Thanks for your comment. I was a bit confused when I saw 'Ivana', thinking I couldn't have possibly written a comment for myself (laughs). I love the way you're writing about positives on your blog as a way to combat mental illness. I am inspired to do that. I know I've been feeling a little ungrateful. I liked your idea of reflecting on the book of Job as well. Very inspiring! I'll be stopping by here more often to keep reading your positives. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete